For the shortcrust pastry
- 200g plain flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 100g castor sugar
- 100g butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 4 dessert apples, peeled, halved, core removed and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- In a blender make the pastry, place the flour, icing sugar and butter, mix till resembles bread crumbs. Add the egg and blend again until it come together. Turn out wrap in cling and store in the fringe for 30 minutes.
- Make the almond cream: Put the castor sugar, butter, ground almonds and eggs in the blender and blitz until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry, line a loose-bottomed tart tin, 25cm diameter and about 3.5-4cm deep. Chill for at least half an hour.
- Spoon the almond cream into the pastry case, arrange the sliced apples on top and bake for 30 mins until the almond mixture is set. Allow to cool and serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.