- 1 cup, packed, light brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup or 2 sticks butter (unsalted; softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cream the light brown sugar and sugar in a small mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add the softened butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Add the eggs and coffee extract, mixing until just blended. Do not overmix!
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop cookies with a scoop onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Slightly flatten each scoop of dough and bake for 8 minutes, rotating half way.
Recipe by Executive Pastry Chef, Donna Yuen at Ocean House Rhode Island, USA