This nutritious summer salad is from Hugo Arnold.
"Wolfgang and Agnes Schliebitz from County Waterford make a great feta-style award-
winning sheep’s cheese used in this recipe called Knockalara. If you can’t get to a
cheesemonger, then a traditional Greek feta will work well too." - Hugo Arnold
Yield: Serves 4
- 250g quinoa
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 green chilli, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g Knockalara cheese, or feta cheese
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water and place in a saucepan. Add double
the amount of water to quinoa, add a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid has been completely absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the stone from the avocados and slice into quarters. Place in a mixing bowl along
with the lemon zest, chilli and marjoram, coating the avocado well.
- Place on a roasting tray and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, and remove from the heat.
- Use a fork to break up the cooked quinoa and stir in the juice of the lemon and rapeseed oil, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the salad leaves on the base of a serving platter and top with a layer of quinoa. Spoon
the grilled avocado on top and crumble over the Knockalara cheese.