This recipe from Paul Breen is a simple and healthy lunch option.
"This is a great way to use minced turkey – it’s healthy while really filling so you won’t feel
cheated at lunch time" - Paul Breen
Yield: Serves 2
- 400g minced turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- To garnish
- 1 bunch baby tomatoes, use the really sweet ones
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fry the mince with the diced onion, garlic, chilli and spices in the olive oil until fully
cooked and set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes, add the chopped spring onions, lime juice and fresh coriander. Add a
teaspoon of olive oil.
- Wash the lettuce and dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the turkey mix in the microwave. Take the lettuce leafs, add the turkey and sprinkle
with the tomato mix, and add the diced avocado.
TIP: For best results, make these up in your office just before you eat them.