This delicious raspberry brownie recipe from Hugo Arnold is the perfect way to use up a glut of summer berries.
"Who needs spoons? Far better to start breaking off bits of brownie and scooping up the cream, particularly if you can stretch back in the sunshine." – Hugo Arnold
Yield: Serves 4
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly broken
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly broken
- 250g butter
- 400g soft brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 250g raspberries
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4. Line a 20x30cm shallow baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter and sugar in a bowl sitting in a pan of simmering water until melted. Remove from the water. Whisk in the eggs one by one. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the mixture. Gently stir in the raspberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies. Allow to cool and slice into squares.
- Serve with the whipped cream.