This is a simple recipe that goes down a storm with guests, but won't keep the host in the kitchen all night
Yield: Serves: 8-12
- 250g of rigatoni
- 150g cooked and peeled king prawns
- 150g of white crab meat
- ½ tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of Nduja (or use chorizo)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Bunch of basil, julienne (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon parmesan
- 1 red chilli
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the garlic, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Nduja and allow to soften for a few minutes as it heats in the pan.
- Add 50ml of water and half a tin of chopped tomatoes, stir until combined. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the parmesan, chilli, basil, crab and prawns.
- Stir well just long enough to allow the prawns and crab meat to heat through.
Tip: You can substitute king prawns for shrimp or crayfish