At last a change of season is in sight. Warmer weather and longer evenings have us finally emerging from hibernation mode. These cocktails from Suesey Street, Dublin 2, are certainly encouraging the thaw.
- 15ml Cointreau
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 50ml Tanqueray 10
- 50ml sparkling wine
- Orange slice on rim for garnish
- Add marmalade, lemon juice and Cointreau to your shaker and stir until the marmalade has dissolved.
- Add Tanqueray and ice to the shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Fine strain in to a coupe.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with orange wheel.
Did you know...?
When Captain Scott set off on the Antarctic expedition in 1910, he had a special supply of marmalade. Decades later, a single jar was found preserved in the ice. He was not the only hero to stockpile his favourite condiment. Ian Fleming’s novel, From Russia, With Love revealed that marmalade on toast was James Bond’s breakfast of choice. Not to mention a certain Paddington Bear...
For more cocktail inspiration, click here