- 100ml milk
- 500ml cream
- 100g sugar
- ½ orange, finely zested
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 1kg rhubarb, peeled
- 500ml water
- A few sprigs thyme
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Granola, to garnish
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil. Remove from the heat and add in the sugar and orange zest. Stir until the sugar is dissolve. Leave to cool for five minutes, then add the soaked gelatine leaves. Stir until dissolved. Add in the yoghurt and mix well
- Pour into nice glasses half-way up and refrigerate until set, overnight is best.
- Put the rhubarb neatly into a deep tray, add the water plus a generous even dusting of sugar (the amount will depend on the rhubarb so taste as you go) and a few sprigs of thyme. Cover with parchment and bake at 160ºC/gas mark 2½ for 15-18 minutes until all the rhubarb is soft to the touch but not mushy. Allow to cool and store carefully in its own juice until needed.
- To assemble, place some of the poached rhubarb on top of the set panna cotta. Top with whipped cream and a bit of your favourite granola to serve.
- This is best made the day before serving. You will have some poached rhubarb leftover, but it's lovely as a compote for breakfast.
- Serve with homemade biscotti on the side for an extra treat.