- 1 medium-sized octopus
- 4 fresh chorizo sausages, chopped into rounds
- 300ml Oloroso sherry
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Place the octopus in a medium-sized pot and cover with salted cold water. Bring the water to the boil and simmer for 2 hours or until the octopus is tender. Remove the octopus from the water with the aid of a tongs and allow to cool. When the octopus is cool enough to handle, cut the tentacles in 1cm rounds.
- In a large frying pan, fry the chorizo rounds in some oil. When nicely browned, add the octopus and cook briefly.
- Pour the sherry into the pan and bring it to the boil. Cook off the alcohol (this will take 2 to 3 minutes) and then add the parsley. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- To serve, divide into four bowls and serve immediately.