Learn how to cook the perfect steak with Paul Cunningham of Brunel's Restaurant on Facebook Live tomorrow, May 7th at 7pm.
Paul Cunningham of Brunel's Restaurant in Newcastle, County Down, who is known for his appearance on Great British Menu, will be hosting a Facebook Live cooking demonstration tomorrow night. Inviting viewers to cook with him, Paul has shared the list of ingredients for each dish so that you're ready to go.
The menu includes dry-aged steak sirloin, Béarnaise sauce, hot potato salad and a tasty cocktail. During his live appearance, Paul will go through the recipes step-by-step so that viewers can recreate his perfect steak dinner.
READ MORE: How to cook the perfect rib-eye steak
Paul's recipes serve two people so make sure you buy enough ingredients if you want to cook the perfect steak dinner with him tomorrow night. Check out the ingredients below:
- 2x10oz sirloin steaks – Paul will be using dry-aged sirloin steak from Carnbrooke Meats. For maximum taste, take your steaks out of the fridge 30 mins - one hour in advance of cooking time to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Hot potato salad
- Potatoes – Paul recommends Pink Fir Apple potatoes, but you can use any potato you like.
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 15 leaves of wild garlic or spinach
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 2 spring onions
- 50g white wine
This can be substituted for your preferred homemade or store-bought sauce.
- 150g white wine
- 150g white wine vinegar
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 springs of thyme
- Half a bunch of tarragon
- 150g butter
- 3 egg yolks
READ MORE: Back to basics with hanger steak
Leaf salad and dressing
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Half a tablespoon muscovado sugar
- 50g water
- 100g rapeseed oil (Paul plans to use Broighter Gold)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- Mixed leaves
Kilmegan Mule Cocktail
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4oz Kilmegan Cider
- 3oz bourbon4 ice cubes
- Sliced apple to garnish