Peperina on Dunville Avenue in Ranelagh recently reopened after a massive refurbishment, which saw the team kick off new menus alongside the new look.
Owned by Evan McAuliffe and Diego Cabrera, Peperina opened in Ranelagh in 2012. In the eight years since, the restaurant has grown to become a firm local favourite, known for its popular brunch on weekends as well as Argentinean-inspired dishes which reflect Diego's heritage.
The restaurant recently reopened after a €70,000 refurbishment, which saw new banquet-style seating installed, as well as a new counter, extended kitchen, expanded patisserie section and more. In addition to its breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch menus, Peperina also introduced an afternoon tea offering, which is available daily from 2-5pm, a first for the restaurant. The new afternoon tea menu includes mini scones, cake, mini smoothies and more, as well as an option to offer a glass of Prosecco as a treat.
Speaking about the refurbishment, owner Evan McAuliffe said that this was a much-needed refresh that helped to retain the restaurant's warm and cosy atmosphere.
"We have also introduced afternoon tea for the first time. Over the past eight years we have built up a very loyal clientele in the Ranelagh and Rathmines areas and we want to offer them something different which isn’t available elsewhere in the area," Evan commented. "Our extended kitchen has given us the opportunity to expand our menus. We have kept the most popular dishes but added some healthier options and Diego has included more Argentinean dishes for our daily lunch and dinner specials. Our influences are mainly traditional comfort food as this is what we find our customers want.”
Several of the restaurant's other menus were also refreshed with lots of new dishes added, including:
- Brochetta aschadas which consists of chicken and vegetable skewers with chimichurri sauce.
- Omelette Irelandes with potato, black pudding, tomato and sausage.
- Argentinean steak sandwich made with a grilled 5oz sirloin steak, prosciutto, tomato, swiss cheese, fried egg and basil aioli.
- A Victorian breakfast made with grilled crumpets, mature cheddar scrambled eggs, black pudding, wilted spinach, bacon, homemade relish and fresh scallions.
- Spanish breakfast with two fried eggs on country-style toast, chorizo croquetas, Serrano ham, grilled tomato and chimichurri.
For more info on Peperina, click here.