Six artisan producers have won new contracts with Aldi as part of this year’s Grow with Aldi programme.
The winners were among 45 suppliers that won a place on the programme earlier this year. A total of 75 products went onto Aldi shelves for two weeks in May, offering a huge opportunity to Irish food and drink businesses.
Developed in partnership with Bord Bia, the Grow with Aldi programme supports small and medium-sized Irish suppliers, helping them to gain exposure and valuable experience. They receive tailored mentoring from the Aldi buying team and Bord Bia technical experts, giving them skills to help grow and develop both their products and businesses.
This year’s winners are
- Dromod Boxty (Dromod, Co. Leitrim)
- Saturday Pizzas (Little Island, Co. Cork)
- Hellbent Boerewors Sausage (Newtownards, Co. Down)
- The Popcorn Factory Candy Floss (Coleraine, Co. Derry)
- Prokulture Organic Kombucha (Sallins, Co. Kildare)
- The Piccolo Pizza Co. Pizza Sauce (Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow)
“Now in its third year, Grow with Aldi has consistently delivered for everyone involved, "John Curtin, Aldi Group Buying Director said. "Small and medium sized Irish suppliers get the opportunity to have their product sold nationally, shoppers get to enjoy the best Irish-made products being created and Aldi gets to work with even more Irish suppliers. With all that has happened worldwide over the past few months, there couldn’t be a better time to be buying more Irish.”