This vegan mushroom pâté is an all-time party favourite, so whip it up if you have any vegans coming over this Christmas!
"This dish is always on our recipe list for parties and even the meat-eaters come back for more! Serve with crusty bread, lavosh flatbreads and crudités. The pâté can be made the day before and will keep for up to a week in the fridge so hope for some leftovers!" – Nicola Crowley
- 120g walnuts, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed oil, plus extra to garnish
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 450g mushrooms, wiped and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped (approx 20g), plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C and roast the walnuts until lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a pan and cook the onions on low heat until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, parsley stalks (add leaves later), thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat without a lid, stirring often until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cool the mushroom mix a little and add to a food processor with the walnuts, parsley leaves and the remaining two tablespoons of oil. Pulse until the ingredients come together but the mix is still a little chunky.
- To serve, spoon the pâté into a bowl, throw on a few broken walnuts and some parsley leaves.