Try your hand at making your own chocolate treats with this recipe from Louise Lennox.
Yield: Makes: 12
- 500g/17oz dark chocolate, 55%
- 150g/5oz coconut oil
- Few drops mint flavouring
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cold water
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat. Stir in the coconut oil and mint flavouring. Mix until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Line a 15cm deep square tin with baking parchment and pour the chocolate mixture into it. Leave to set in the fridge. Then cut into chunks.
- Sieve the icing sugar and mix in enough water to make the icing slightly runny. If you like, a few more drops of mint extract can be added. Then drizzle over each chocolate. Store in an airtight container and keep in a cold dry place, preferably the fridge.
TIP: Try adding orange instead of mint.