This dish is the perfect dinner party canapé.
Utilising Meere's delicious Irish black pudding, this dish is sure to wow your guests, with minimal effort on your part.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- Olive oil
- 500g Meere’s square black pudding, cut into 9 slices
- 18 large sea scallops
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the pear slices. Allow them to soften, turning once or twice, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pears with the brown sugar the flip them over so that the sugared side of the pears face-down on the pan. Leave to caramelize.
- In a non-stick pan set over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil starts to shimmer, place the Meere’s black pudding into the pan and cook for approximately one minute per side until slightly crisp.
- Remove the pudding from the pan and leave to one side. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
- Using the same pan, heat another two tablespoons of oil and over a high heat until shimmering. Pat the scallops dry with kitchen paper, then sear in the pan for one minute per side, until golden brown.
- To assemble, cut each slice of pudding in half so you have 18 pieces. Place one slice of pear on top of the pudding and finish with seared scallop. Garnish with chives if desired.