A delicious exclusive cocktail to try this week.
As you might have seen in the latest issue of Food&Wine Magazine, editor Gillian Nelis recently ventured to Killarney and was impressed by what the tourist town had to offer, especially at O'Donoghues Public House.
To help you taste a little of her trip, we've shared one of her favourite cocktails from her visit below. Try it out and enjoy.
Killarney Mountain Dew
Makes 10 cocktails
- 200ml Bán Poitín
- 100ml Boatyard Old Tom Gin
- Peel of 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 2 star anise
- 100ml fresh pineapple juice
- 200g sugar
- 200ml filtered water
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 100ml whole milk, cold
- Add the spices and orange peel to the spirits and leave to infuse for 24 hours.
- Remove the spices, then add the pineapple and lemon juice, water and sugar. Mix until fully combined, then pour over the cold milk. Stir and leave in the fridge for 24 hours, which will allow the milk to separate into curds and whey - the curds will remove the colour and some of the intensity from the spices.
- After 24 hours, finely strain the mix through a coffee filter and discard the solids - which will leave you with the finished cocktail.
- Serve chilled. This will keep for up to one month in the refrigerator.
Recipe from O'Donoghues Public House