This soup recipe from Rob Krawczyk is easy to make but tastes delicious
"A perfect starter dish for Sunday lunch or as a light lunch in itself"- Rob Krawczyk
Yield: Serves 4
- 1kg/2lb(1/4)oz Jerusalem artichoke
- 1 lemon
- 100ml/4 fl/oz cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- White wine vinegar, for poaching
- Olive oil
- Peel the artichoke – it’s very much like peeling small potatoes. Fill a bowl with water, cut the lemon and squeeze into the bowl. Place the peeled artichoke in the water as you go to prevent it from browning.
- Transfer the artichoke to a pot, fill with water to a level slightly below the artichokes. Keep over a low heat until the artichokes are soft – about 20 minutes.
- Place in a blender and blitz until smooth. Add cream gradually to achieve the desired consistency.
- To achieve the perfect poached egg, bring a pot of water to the boil, add a glug of white wine vinegar and whisk the water to create a spin. Add the eggs one at a time to the moving water and cook for approximately three minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the soup. Add a splash of olive oil and serve with some warm crusty sourdough bread.
TIP: Use a deep pot when poaching the eggs.