Cold, wintery weather and Irish creamy liqueur by the fireside go hand in hand.
It must be something to do with the decadence of the creamy boozy treat that makes us think of the winter's colder weather and Christmas. What better way to keep warm after a long day than to snuggle up with a glass of Irish cream?
Of course, we recognise that sometimes just buying one of the quality products on the market is easier, but as we're in the lead up to New Year's Eve, we thought it would be a fun activity, a money saver and the beauty of making your own is you can make it just as you like it.
Homemade Irish cream recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened milk
- 1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee grains
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend together for a couple of minutes.
- Store in an airtight container, preferably a flask or bottle with a lid.
Irish cream can be served on its own, on the rocks or as an alcoholic substitute for milk/cream and sugar in a hot coffee (sometimes with whipped cream added on top).
How to make homemade Irish cream
Stuck inside due to Storm Emma? Treat yourself with some homemade Irish Cream! Recipe here: http://irsh.us/2hrCQ34Posted by IrishCentral.com on Déardaoin 1 Márta 2018
* Originally published in 2016 on Irish Central.