Fresh stone fruit cooked over the grill is amazing, You can change your fruit with the seasons too
- 2 nectarines
- 2 apricots
- 2 peaches
- 2 plums
- Olive oil
- 3 shots honey Jack Daniels or bourbon
- 3 scoops vanilla ice-cream
For the sauce
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 1.5 shot of honey Jack Daniels
- 2 egg yolks
1. De-seed the stone fruit and line down on a tray and rub a little olive oil on the fruit, this will help the fruit not to stick to the grill.
2. Grill flat side down for a few minutes until you get the bar marks and slightly cook the fruit. Place all in a mixing bowl and pour the honey Jack Daniels over the fruit, and allow to sit in a fridge for one hour to marinate.
3. For the sauce, heat a small pot of water and place a mixing bowl over the pan and melt the butter and add the dark brown sugar. When the sugar is dissolved in the butter add the bourbon and whisk. Remove off the heat and whisk in the egg yolks. Place over the heat again and slowly cook the sauce out. The consistency will be like a thick caramel.
4. Serve the fruit and ice-cream together and drizzle with the sauce
Tip: If you cannot find honey Jack Daniels, add a tablespoon of honey for every shot.
Photography Credit: Harry Weir