This recipe for Gnocchi con Gorgonzola e Pera from Gennaro Contaldo takes just 10 minutes to make!
"Classic gnocchi and Gorgonzola are the perfect combination. The addition of sweet, ripe pears here really enhances the flavour, making this a delicious, speedy meal. Try to get good-quality gnocchi from an Italian deli; I really like the small variety, sometimes known as chicchi." - Gennaro Contaldo
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 1 ripe Conference pear, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 200 g/7 oz Gorgonzola, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp milk
- a pinch of grated nutmeg, plus extra to serve
- 500 g/1 lb 2 oz pack of ready-made gnocchi
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place a large saucepan of water on the heat to boil.
- In a large frying pan (skillet), melt the butter over a medium heat, add the thyme leaves and pear chunks and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Stir in the Gorgonzola, add the milk and nutmeg, and stir well until the cheese melts. Turn the heat down to low.
- When the water in the saucepan is boiling, drop in the gnocchi and cook for 1–2 minutes or so, until the gnocchi float to the top. At this point, use a slotted spoon to transfer the gnocchi into the creamy sauce and mix well to combine. Add a little salt to taste, remove from the heat, and serve immediately with a little extra grated nutmeg.
Recipe extracted from: Gennaro's Fast Cook Italian by Gennaro Contaldo, RRP €28.00. Published by Pavilion Books, photography by Kim Lightbody.