- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 1 ripe Conference pear, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 200 g/7 oz Gorgonzola, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp milk
- a pinch of grated nutmeg, plus extra to serve
- 500 g/1 lb 2 oz pack of ready-made gnocchi
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place a large saucepan of water on the heat to boil.
- In a large frying pan (skillet), melt the butter over a medium heat, add the thyme leaves and pear chunks and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Stir in the Gorgonzola, add the milk and nutmeg, and stir well until the cheese melts. Turn the heat down to low.
- When the water in the saucepan is boiling, drop in the gnocchi and cook for 1–2 minutes or so, until the gnocchi float to the top. At this point, use a slotted spoon to transfer the gnocchi into the creamy sauce and mix well to combine. Add a little salt to taste, remove from the heat, and serve immediately with a little extra grated nutmeg.
Recipe extracted from: Gennaro's Fast Cook Italian by Gennaro Contaldo, RRP €28.00. Published by Pavilion Books, photography by Kim Lightbody.