F&W Pick: Chicken and Chorizo Salad with Beans and Rocket Leaves
Author: Gino D'acampo
Photography by Matt Russell
Kyle Books, €19.99
Continuing with the theme of cooking delicious meals even when you are short on time, Gino D’Acampo’s Pronto offers classic Italian recipes, ready in just 20 minutes. We love that each section is organised by ingredient, meaning you can whip up a dinner, no matter what you have in the fridge. The popular TV chef keeps the focus on taste and ease of preparation, making it suitable for every level of culinary ability.
Chicken and Chorizo Salad with Beans and Rocket Leaves
- 100g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium hot red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips
- 100g hot chorizo sausage, cut into thin round slices
- 60g rocket leaves
- Salt, to taste
Put all the beans in a large bowl with the tomatoes, chilli and garlic. Pour over the lemon juice with half the olive oil, season with salt, toss all together and set aside.
Place a large frying pan over a high heat and pour in the remaining oil. Add the chicken strips and fry for 5 minutes, sti rring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Season with salt, add the chorizo and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes over a high heat.
Toss the rocket leaves through the bean salad and transfer to a large serving plate. Top with the crispy chicken and chorizo and serve immediately.