These decadent little treats from The Dublin Cookie Company are gluten-free, but they are so rich, you wouldn’t miss the flour.
Yield: Makes 18
- 80g ground almonds
- 45g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 t easpoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 56g Irish butter
- 50g packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 65g high quality dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until completely combined – about three minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix on low until combined. Add dry mixture and mix until completely combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Flatten cookies into rounds 1cm thick – they won’t spread as easily because there’s no flour. Leave 2–3cm between cookies. Bake for six or seven minutes until cookies are no longer wet looking.
Tip: Try sprinkling these with a few flakes of Irish sea salt just before baking for an extra layer of flavour.
For more chocolate recipes click here