While smoothies can make a great breakfast or on-the-go snack there's no denying they can be a bit of a faff to make, especially if you just want to make a small amount at any time.
In her upcoming family-focused cookbook, We’re Hungry!, food blogger Ciara Attwell aims to take the hassle out of them with these clever smoothie bags.
She says, "These make-ahead smoothie packs are super handy to have in the freezer. All the ingredients are pre-measured and bagged up, ready to pop straight into the blender in the morning."
Each recipe makes two servings.
- 200g frozen berries
- 50g oats
- 30g fresh baby spinach
- 1 banana, sliced
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 200g frozen tropical fruit
- 30g cashew nuts
- 1 satsuma, peeled
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 50g diced cauliflower
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the ingredients to a freezer bag, push out the air and seal shut.
2. Freeze for up to two months.
3. When ready to make, add the contents of the bag, straight from the freezer, to a blender.
4. Add 500–600ml milk of your choice (dairy or non-dairy) and blitz until smooth.
5. Serve immediately.
Taken from We’re Hungry! by Ciara Attwell which is out 18th February in hardback and eBook, €16.99 (Lagom)