Love gin? You need to try our top three tasty gin cocktails!
The weather is fine and we can't think of anything better than a cocktail or two to get us through to the weekend. There are numerous Irish gins on the market and here are just three of our favourite ways to use them - The Bee's Knees, a Gimlet and a Grapefruit Greyhound.
Each cocktail serves one
Bee's Knees Cocktail:
- 10ml runny honey
- 5ml water
- 50ml Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
Stir the honey into the water until it
has dissolved to make a syrup.
- Pour the honey mixture into a cocktail shaker with the gin, lemon juice and a couple of ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- 60ml Shortcross Small Batch Distillery gin
- 15ml lime juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Twist of lime zest, to garnish
Pour the gin, lime juice and sugar
syrup into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice. Stir gently.
- Once mixed, pour into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the lime twist.
- 45ml Dingle Gin
- 140ml grapefruit juice
- Grapefruit slice, to garnish
- Add the gin and fresh grapefruit juice to fill the glass over ice and gently stir with a spoon.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice and serve