Satisfying and refreshing at the same time, this robust soup is filling.
- 1 duck breast, about 150g
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 125g ramen noodles
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- Combine the duck and teriyaki and toss so the duck absorbs the teriyaki. Set aside for 10 minutes. Season the duck lightly and grill or roast for 15-20 minutes or until cooked, turning three or four times. Set aside to rest in a warm place.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet, refresh under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat the chicken stock with the chilli sauce, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, rice vinegar and mirin. Bring to the boil, add the noodles and peas and heat through. Pour this mixture into a serving bowl or bowls.
- Slice the duck, spread on top of the noodles and garnish with the chillies, shallot and coriander leaves.
Tip: Too many noodles? Covered with clingfilm they will keep in the fridge for a day.
Recipe credit: Hugo Arnold
Photography credit: Juan Carlos Cordovez Mantilla