Artisan food producers Wexford Home Preserves have unveiled their delicious range of marmalades for 2020.
Owned by Tom and Laura Sinnott, Tom's aunt Ellen O'Leary originally set up Wexford Home Preserves in 1988. Tom and Laura took the reins afterwards and built the business into a family-run company that creates traditional sweet and savoury preserves using the classic open pot boiling method. The company now supplies over 350 shops nationwide and also makes award-winning products for Dunnes Stores.
For 2020, the couple has created a range of limited edition marmalades bursting with zesty flavour, including their popular Sicilian lemon marmalade which was hugely popular last year. The full range includes Sicilian lemon, Sicilian lemon and lime, Seville orange, clementine, blood orange, orange and whiskey, and orange and strawberry gin marmalade. The full marmalade range is available now in stores around the country.
READ MORE: Marmalade bread and butter pudding recipe
Marmalade whiskey sour
If you're looking for another way to use your preserve, Wexford Home Preserves have shared a recipe for a gorgeous marmalade whiskey sour with us. Try it out below.
- 2 teaspoons Wexford Home Preserves Irish Whiskey Marmalade
- 2 shots (70ml) Irish Whiskey
- Juice of a large lemon (about 45ml)
- 12ml simple sugar syrup
- White of one egg
- Put all ingredients, except the ice, into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 20 seconds, add ice and shake again for 20 seconds.
- Double strain (unless you’d like the marmalade orange peel in it!), pour and enjoy!
Click here for more info on Wexford Home Preserves.