It doesn't have to be sunny outside to enjoy a refreshing mojito...
We’ve finally made it to summer but it appears the weather is yet to get the memo.
In normal circumstances, with day after day of constant rain and cloudy skies - you would be straight onto Google to look up cheap flights so you could escape to the sun. But thanks to COVID-19, hopping on a plane and travelling to a foreign country is out of the question - for now, at least.
Instead, we're having to come up with new ways to make it feel like summer at home and while margaritas and rosé are right up there on the list of summer drinks you can sip at home, we think there is nothing more summery than a classic mojito.
So, we asked the experts over at Bacardi to discover what it takes to whip up the delicious beverage at home. We promise this drink is the ultimate summer sipper—enjoy!
READ MORE: How to make the ultimate whiskey sour
The perfect mojito
- 2 parts BACARDÍ Superior Rum
- 4 lime wedges
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped tsp caster sugar
- 1 part soda water/club soda
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in the glass. Gently press together the limes & sugar. Bruise the mint leaves by clapping them between your palms, rub them on the rim of the glass and drop them in.
- Next, half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the BACARDÍ SUPERIOR rum & stir.
- Top with crushed ice, a splash of soda, and a sprig of mint.
Main image by Gabriel Petry