This pretty cocktail is a perfect spring tipple. It teams the smoothness of a cream liqueur with the almondy warmth of amaretto - with a kick of gin for good measure.
The fun part, however, is playing with the garnish. We've lots of ideas below - or get creative and come up with a few of your own.
- 40ml Coole Swan
- 25ml gin
- 25ml amaretto
- 1tsp lemon curd
- Garnish: edible flowers
- Pour Coole Swan, gin, and amaretto into a shaker.
- Add the lemon curd and ice.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with edible flowers.
- Using fresh fruit as a cocktail garnish is always a good idea especially in spring and summer, e.g. citrus peel wrapped around an ice cube, pineapple wedge on a glass rim, berries on a cocktail pick.
- Fresh herbs are a great addition to cocktails, e.g. fresh mint, basil or a rosemary sprig used as a skewer studded with green olives.
- Edible flowers are a stunning garnish choice and will look exceptionally on top of most cocktails.
- Make a sweet or savoury rim using lemon or lime juice and sugar or salt. Think outside the box and use chilli powder or other spices for a wow factor.
- Small objects can be a unique cocktail decoration, e.g. little feather, mini peg holding a lemon peel or even origami.
Recipe courtesy of Coole Swan