As the darkness sees in a little earlier, it's time to put your feet up by the fire and warm your insides with our favourite hot cocktails.
The temperatures are set to drop again this weekend, meaning winter truly is on its way. However, the chill in the air doesn't mean that cocktails are off the menu for the Bank Holiday. Instead, we've rounded up three warm cocktails so you can enjoy a tasty tipple without your hands turning to ice! Check the recipes out below.
- 1 orange peel
- 230ml strong brewed coffee
- 15ml tequila
- 15ml kahlua
- Fresh cream, whipped, to garnish
- Orange zest, whipped
- Add the orange peel to the freshly brewed coffee and allow to infuse for a few minutes in an Irish coffee lass.
- Mix in the tequila and kahlua to the coffee and remove the orange peel.
- Garnish with whipped cream and orange zest.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 80ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 30ml whiskey
- 1/2 lemon, juice and peel
- Combine honey, water, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir mixture, making sure the honey is dissolved. Allow to steep for ten minutes.
- Add the chamomile tea bag and bring to the boil. Allow to steep for a further two minutes.
- Remove the teabag, star anise and cinnamon.
- Mix the whiskey and lemon juice in an Irish coffee glass. Pour the chamomile tea blend into the glass and mix well.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
- 180ml red wine
- 20ml orange juice
- 20ml orange liquor
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 orange, cut into slices
- 1/4 lemon, cut into slices
- Combine wine, orange juice, orange liquor and sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the fruit slices and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve in a wine glass.