It's always good to have some new cocktail recipes to hand - you never know when you might need to throw a fancy concoction together!
With that in mind, we've rounded up seven great options courtesy of some top Irish bars and brands. There's everything from a simple, tasty Gin Smash and a classic Old Fashioned to the Shelbourne's signature Prohibition of Titles cocktail, a nod to the centenary of the drafting of the Irish Constitution. Plus if you'd prefer a non-alcoholic tipple we have one of those too.
See below for all the info - and give one or two of them a try at your next cocktail hour.
Silks Apple Bee
- 50ml Silks Irish Dry Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml apple juice
- 25ml honey syrup
- Apple slice and sage to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the gin, lemon juice, apple juice and honey syrup. Shake to combine and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice and sage leaf.
- To make the honey syrup: dissolve honey in a 1:1 ratio with warm water
Recipe courtesy of Silks Irish Gin
Cinnamon Maple Pisco Sour
25ml lemon juice
20ml maple syrup
15ml egg white
Dash of angostura bitters
Sprinkled with cinnamon to garnish
- makes the cocktail by adding pisco, lemon juice, maple syrup and egg white to a shaker.
- The shaker is filled with ice and shaken vigorously to mix through our ingredients and froth the egg whites.
- This is double strained into a chilled glass and finished with a dash Angostura bitters and a sprinkle of cinnamon to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Eoin McCaffrery, mixologist at Zampas Bar & Restaurant
Glendalough Old Fashioned
- 60ml Glendalough Double Barrel whiskey
- 10ml simple syrup*
- An orange peel
- To make the simple syrup: stir equal parts sugar and water over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add all ingredients into a tumbler and stir.
- Add a large ice cube and stir again.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
Recipe courtesy of Glendalough Distillery
- 35ml KETEL ONE vodka
- 10ml Regal Rogue Bianco
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 10ml Sugar
- 10ml Blackcurrant cordial
- Egg whites
- Add all ingredients to the cocktail shaker and dry shake.
- Add ice, shake again and fine strain into a coupe glass.
- Finish with an edible flower.
Recipe courtesy of The Dyflin Bar - Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Prohibition of Titles
- 40 ml Method and Madness gin
- 20ml apple sherbet
- 20ml lime juice
- 10ml green chartreuse
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker.
- Shake for 10 seconds and double strain into a coupe glass.
- Then top up with apple sherbet foam.
Recipe courtesy of The Shelbourne.
The River Club Seedlip Royale (non-alcoholic)
- 30ml Seedlip Aromatic
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 15 ml lime juice
- Fresh mint (5 leaves)
- Alcohol-free sparkling wine to top up (approx. 100ml)
- Combine all ingredients except for the sparkling wine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a champagne glass of your choice (coupe, flute or tulip).
- Top up with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with citrus zest.
Recipe courtesy of The River Club
- 50ml Dingle Gin
- 15ml sugar syrup
- Handful of mint leaves
Add the ingredients to a lowball glass and muddle them together.
- Add crushed ice while stirring and garnish with a wedge of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Dingle Distillery