A €12.99 prosecco from Lidl Ireland has officially been named the World’s Best Prosecco at the 2020 Sparkling Wine Awards.
The extra dry Allini Conegliano Superiore Prosecco was awarded for its crisp flavours and pleasant aftertaste. It is recommended to drink alongside fish, vegetarian dishes and cured meats.
To celebrate the commendation, Lidl has partnered with Irish Instagram foodies, the GastroGays, to create three bespoke cocktails using the award-winning prosecco and spirits from Lidl’s new Summer Spirits range.
A summery twist on the well-known Kir Royale.
- Allini Conegliano Superiore Prosecco
- Hortus Rhubarb & Ginger Gin Liqueur
15ml Lemon juice
1. In a flute, add the liqueur and the lemon juice, stirring to combine, then top up the glass with the Prosecco.
2. You could serve with a ribbon of candied rhubarb within the drink, or for a fiery kick a small cube of crystallised ginger at the bottom.
Frozen Strawberry and Black Pepper Daiquiri
- Korol Vodka
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Caster sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
1. In a blender, blitz the fresh strawberries with the vodka, lime juice, basil and black pepper until smooth. Strain the mixture (to remove the strawberry seeds) into a container suitable for the freezer, and freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or ideally overnight.
2. Before serving, chill your glass of choice (coupe, martini, margarita) in the fridge for 10 minutes as you take the mixture out of the freezer and allow to start defrosting.
3. When ready to serve, re-blend the mixture to a smooth, thick consistency and pour into your chilled glass. Serve with some fresh strawberry on the rim of the glass.
This is a summer twist on the classic Clover Club.
- 50ml Hampstead Strawberry Gin
- 25ml vermouth
- 25ml lemon juice
- 50ml raspberry syrup*
- 1 egg white
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine a handful of ice with all the ingredients. Clamp on a lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, until the shaker is chilled on the outside and the ice sounds to be almost entirely melted.
2. Strain through a cocktail strainer into in a chilled coupe glass, garnishing with a trio of fresh raspberries on a cocktail stick.
*To make the raspberry syrup, either make a simple syrup (1:1 sugar to water, boil until it goes clear, then cool and store in a jar) and combine equal parts raspberries and simple syrup, blitz together with a hand blender and strain the seeds; or simply mash some raspberries with a tablespoon of sugar and a little water to thin it to pouring consistency and strain the seeds.
Allini Conegliano Superiore, €12.99, is available permanently in all 163 Lidl stores nationwide, while the Summer Spirits range is available across the country for a limited time from July 13.