It's one of Ireland's most popular cocktails and the secret to a great espresso martini lies in the ingredients.
Tia Maria was used in the very first espresso martini recipe over forty years ago and the cold brew coffee liqueur adds a depth of flavour that elevates the cocktail to something special. It's a go-to ingredient for bartenders everywhere and makes it easy to create a great espresso martini at home too.
Made with Madagascar vanilla, Jamaican rum, and 100 per cent Arabica coffee, Tia Maria has a classic roasted, full-bodied and rich taste. An exclusive cold brew extraction process gives it its distinctive intense coffee aroma, which is followed by notes of chocolate and pipe tobacco, caramelised cane sugar and vanilla.
How to make the perfect Tia Maria espresso martini at home
- 25ml Tia Maria
- 25ml vodka
- Double or single shot of espresso
- 5ml of sugar syrup
- Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- Pour Tia Maria, vodka and espresso into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the rest of the shaker with ice and shake the ingredients together.
- Empty the martini glass of ice.
- Pour in the contents of the shaker using a strainer and sieve into the glass.
- Finish with three coffee beans.
Tia Maria - we are one of a kind. For more great cocktail inspiration see tiamaria.com
In partnership with Tia Maria