Is anyone else freezing?
We can't believe how cold it seems outside lately and between the wind and rain, by the time we get home from work, we're usually soaked to the skin and shivering.
If you're in need of a comforting drink to warm you up quickly, then you have to try this hot toddy recipe. The mix of Irish whiskey, honey and lemon are always perfect and this drink is so easy to make.
The apple cider in this hot toddy recipe is used in place of hot water, which is traditionally used as the base of this drink. If you find that it's a little sweet for you, add a little lemon juice, more spices or use hot water or tea in its place.
Try out our ultimate hot toddy recipe below.
- 25g sugar
- 25ml water
- Cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 85g honey
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 75ml Irish whiskey
- 250ml apple cider
- Lemon slices and rosemary sprigs, to serve
- Combine the sugar, water, cinnamon stick and cloves in a pot over a medium heat and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat. Discard the cloves and cinnamon sticks and stir in the honey until it dissolves.
- Add in the rosemary sprigs and set aside until the mixture cools.
- Pour mixture into a jug and add the apple cider and whiskey.
- Fill two glasses with ice, then fill with the cocktail mixture.
- Serve with a lemon slice and a sprig of rosemary.
This article was originally published on our sister website Irish Central.