Love gin? You need to try our top three tasty gin cocktails!
Gin has come into its own in recent years - and Irish gin is a growing market, with some brilliant options available. While gin is always good served simply with tonic it's also perfect for cocktails. Here are just three of our favourite ways to use some top Irish gins in cocktails.
Each cocktail serves one
- 10ml runny honey
- 5ml water
- 50ml Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
Stir the honey into the water until it
has dissolved to make a syrup.
- Pour the honey mixture into a cocktail shaker with the gin, lemon juice and a couple of ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- 60ml Shortcross Small Batch Distillery gin
- 15ml lime juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Twist of lime zest, to garnish
Pour the gin, lime juice and sugar
syrup into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice. Stir gently.
- Once mixed, pour into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the lime twist.
- 45ml Dingle Gin
- 140ml grapefruit juice
- Grapefruit slice, to garnish
- Add the gin and fresh grapefruit juice to fill the glass over ice and gently stir with a spoon.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice and serve