Few things are nicer than a cocktail on a sunny day and it's always good to master some classic recipes.
With that in mind, the team at The Ice House in Ballina, Co Mayo has given us two great recipes for you to try at home - a sweet and summery berry bramble and the go-to favourite, the bloody Mary.
Red Berry Bramble
- 50ml Conncullin Gin
- 50ml fresh lemon juice
- 10ml agave nectar
- 15ml creme de mure liquor
- 15ml Chambord liquor
- Red berries and lemon twist to garnish
- Put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain the cocktail into a short glass or balloon glass over crushed ice.
- Top up with fresh crushed ice and to finish, add the garnish.
READ MORE: How to make the ultimate whiskey sour
- 50ml Straw Boys vodka
- 200ml tomato juice
- 5ml lemon juice
- 3 shake of Worcestershire Sauce
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- 3 shakes Tabasco sauce
- Red peppercorn pepper
- Celery to garnish
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker. Measure the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice and pour it straight onto the ice.
- Add 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and a pinch of celery salt and pepper. Shake well, and then strain the cocktail into a tall glass over ice cubes.
- Top up with fresh ice, add a celery thin slices and garnish glass rim with mixed peppercorns
Recipes from the Ice House hotel