Pink drinks are in and while are most are just passing trends, we're particularly excited about this calming blush variety.
From juices to rosé, if it's blush coloured and liquid, we're all about it these days. The latest rosy-hued drink on our radar is pink moon milk and the best time to consume it is just before bed.
Pink Moon Milk
Pink moon milk is the cousin of turmeric-spiced golden milk, but this concoction is much more millennial-friendly and promises the best sleep of your life.
Loaded with 'functional' ingredients - meaning they all have certain properties that affect the way you feel - tart cherry juice is what gives this potion it's colour and is one of the few foods that naturally contain the sleep hormone melatonin.
READ MORE: Detox Mojito Juice
Combined with creamy almond milk and honey or maple syrup, the tartness of the cherry juice is perfectly mellowed to become a luxurious before-bed drink. Ashwagandha powder is an optional ingredient but it’s considered to be an adaptogen by herbalists, meaning it helps balance the body, normalize its processes and protect against stress, so if you're feeling a little worse for wear then you might want to add a little.
Pink Moon Milk Recipe
The most essential elements of this recipe are the tart cherry juice and nondairy milk (cow's milk is harder to digest, especially right before bed).
Recipe adapted from Heartbeet Kitchen
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 175ml/6fl oz almond milk
- 120ml/4fl oz unsweetened tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha powder, optional
- Dried culinary rose petals
- In a small pot over low heat, bring the almond milk and tart cherry juice to temperature, around 60ºC/140ºF (just below scalding), around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove it from heat, and whisk in honey and ashwagandha. To make it really frothy, pour the contents into the blender and blend on high for a few seconds until you get the desired texture, but that step is optional and can cool off your mixture.
- Top with rose petals and drink warm.
And sip your way to dreamland.
This article was originally featured on our sister website IrishTatler.