For the shortcrust pastry:
- 375g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 170g cold butter, diced
- 1 egg yolk
For the chocolate ganache:
- 500ml whipping cream
- 350g chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa
- 1 dessertspoon liquid glucose
- 75g butter
- 200g fresh blackberries
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour and place in a food processor, along with the salt and
butter. Add the yolk and pulse.
- Add 5 tablespoons cold water and pulse again until the pastry comes together as a ball of
- Transfer onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Flatten the dough,
wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- After the pastry has been chilled, roll the pastry out to 5mm thick between two layers of
clingfilm. Line a 26cm round tart tin with the pastry, trimming off any excess and chill again
for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4. Fill the chilled pastry case with baking beans and
- To make the ganache filling, bring the cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir through
the broken pieces of chocolate, until completely melted, and stir in the liquid glucose.
Remove from the heat.
- Scatter the blackberries over the cooked pastry base and pour over the chocolate ganache.
Refrigerate for at least two hours until the ganache has set. Then remove the tin and slice into thin wedges.