Give your loved ones the gift of great barbecuing this year.
In the mood for something a little different this Christmas? Weber, the world’s leading barbecue brand, has perfect recipes to help spice up your festive feast – and give you a little more oven space on the big day – plus gifts to make the grill lover in your life swoon.
Weber’s signature Christmas turkey
This method is far better at keeping your bird moist than if you were to use your oven, plus it guarantees super succulent juicy meat.
- 50g butter
- 10g fresh rosemary
- 10g fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- 4 tsp sea salt sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5kg whole free-range turkey
- Oil, for greasing
IN THE KITCHEN:
- First, prepare the seasoned butter. Finely chop the rosemary & thyme, then combine with the butter. Halve the lemon and zest one half into the butter. Reserve both halves for later. Season the butter liberally with salt and pepper then mix with a fork to combine.
- Using your fingers, carefully create spaces between the skin and breast meat on both sides of the turkey. Feed the herb butter into the space you have created and place the lemon halves into the cavity of the turkey.
- Finally, lightly oil the exterior of the turkey and liberally season with sea salt and ground black pepper before placing onto the Deluxe Barbecue Rack.
AT THE BARBECUE:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, around 200C. If using a 57 cm charcoal barbecue, you will need half a chimney starter of lit Weber briquettes. If roasting on a charcoal barbecue, position the drip pan on the charcoal grate with the coals on either side. This will collect all the juices from the meat. Replace the cooking grate, place a barbecue rack or roast holder on the grate, over the drip pan, and close the lid. If you are roasting on a gas barbecue, position the drip pan directly on the cooking grate in the area of indirect heat.
- Roast the turkey for 21⁄2 - 3 hours or until the core temperature of the meat has reached 75C on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the meat, cover in foil and rest for around 30 minutes before carving. Use the meat juices to create a gravy and serve with the turkey.
Make them believe in Santa again with these gorgeous gifts
Weber Connect Smart Grilling €157.49
Built for any barbecue, the Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub is a step-by-step assistant that sends notifications to your phone to help you keep your cooking on track. Includes estimated cooking time, flip-and-serve notifications, and more.
Master-Touch GBS Premium E5770 Charcoal barbecue €397.95
Grilling and smoking are easy thanks to this innovative barbecue. It includes new features like a convenient hinged lid and a charcoal ring for efficient fuel consumption, making it the ultimate barbecue for food lovers.
Make their Christmas with a Weber gift card
Not sure what kit they need this Christmas? Let your loved ones select their own present with a Weber gift card. The vouchers can be used online against products or enrollment in a Weber Grill Academy course, and are available to purchase various amounts.
See weber.com/IE for more recipes and gifting ideas.
Brought to you in association with Weber