- 65g plain flour, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 135g sugar
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250g organic greek style salted caramel yoghurt
- Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale in colour and foamy. Add the oil and mix well, before adding the instant coffee and gradually add the flour mix.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.
4. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 180°C until cooked.
5. Transfer the cake onto a fresh sheet of parchment paper and roll while still warm. Allow to cool completely.
6. Unroll the cake and spread the salted caramel yoghurt. Gently roll the cake back up and cool in the fridge for least 1 hour before serving.
7. Dust the roll with cocoa powder and a garnish of your choice ie nuts, chocolate curls or pipe it with cream swirls.
Recipe courtesy of Glenisk.