- 2 red onion
- 2 beetroot, cooked
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 sprig of tyme
- 1 vegetable stock, dissolved
- 150ml mulled wine
- Handful cranberries
- Handful macadamia nuts
- 1 bowl crème fraîche
- Salt to taste
- Fry the onions gently in the butter over a medium heat.
- After 5 minutes add the peeled and diced carrots, parsnips, beetroot & thyme and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pear, stock & mulled wine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the veggies are tender, blend till smooth & season.
- Serve in warm bowls with a spoonful of crème fraîche and a scattering of the cranberry and macadamia mix.
Recipe courtesy of LIDL Ireland.