- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2.2 kg free-range whole chicken
- 4 portions of roasted vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas mark 8.
2. Mix together the garlic, honey, olive oil, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a paste, then rub the paste evenly over the chicken.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 190°C/gas mark 5 and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
*Serve the chicken with roast vegetables.
Pierce the skin of the chicken to allow the glaze to flavour the meat.