- 1 large country-style bread loaf with crust, cut into ½inch cubes
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 2 white onions, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 large bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh sage
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Spread bread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry & crunchy about 15minutes. Cool & set aside.
- Melt the butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add white onions & garlic & cook gently until translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- In a large bowl combine onion mix, bread & fresh herbs.
- Generously butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place stuffing inside & bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Recipe courtesy of AVOCA.
Amp up your turkey this year by stuffing it with this award-winning stuffing.