- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped roughly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ bay leaves
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1.2l flavoured chicken stock
- 150ml cream
- Salt and pepper
- 150g blue cheese
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add in the chopped onion and garlic.
- Sweat the vegetables off for approximately 2-3 minutes over a gentle heat until they are softened down. Add in the bay leaves, the chopped potatoes and cauliflower and sweat them off for another moment or two. Season the mixture lightly at this stage.
- Pour in the warm chicken stock and the cream. Allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Bring the soup to the boil then, after 2-3 minutes, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Remove the bay leaves.
- Stir in 75g blue cheese and blitz the soup with a hand blender adding additional stock if you desire. Correct the seasoning of the soup and reheat it gently.
- Serve the soup garnished with some additional crumbled blue cheese on top.