- 1 baking camembert
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter, diced
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp maple dyrup
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the diced butter and rub in with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons water and mix with a knife until a firm dough begins to form.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and slice into 12 equal strips.
- Brush with maple syrup, top each strip with a slice of bacon, then gently twist into spirals.
- Place the lid of the Camembert in the centre of the baking tray, then wrap the pastry twists around the lid and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place the Camembert on the lid in the centre of the pastry twists.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes, until the cheese is silky and gooey and the pastry twists are crisp and golden.
- Slice open the Camembert, drizzle with any remaining maple syrup, garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of ALDI.