Warm up this Christmas with these cosy cocktails from Urchin Bar at Cliff Townhouse.
The team at Urchin Bar, which is known for its seafood and cocktails, have whipped up a range of exciting Christmas cocktails to celebrate the festive period this year.
If you want to try some killer cocktails over the next few days, then you need to try these recipes. Each serves one.
Hot Buttered Whiskey
- Hot water, to warm the glass and top up the cocktail
- 1 star anise
- 100ml cream
- 20ml salted caramel syrup
- ¼ teaspoon each of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 40ml Teelings Whiskey Small Batch
- One cinnamon stick and some grated orange, to garnish
- Warm the glass by pouring hot water inside it.
- Grind one star anise and whip with fresh cream to make the star anise cream.
- Mix all spices and salted caramel syrup with the butter and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place one tablespoon of butter mix with 40ml of whiskey into the warmed glass, add boiling water and stir. Layer the star anise cream on top.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and grated orange.
- Boiling Water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 85ml of Late Bottled Vintage Port
- 4 cloves
- 1 orange slice
- Warm up a thick glass by pouring hot water inside it. Empty out when warm.
- Place a cinnamon stick in the glass, add port and top up with boiling water.
- Stick the cloves into the orange slice and place on the rim of the glass. Serve.
- To make a sweeter hot port, dissolve some honey or brown sugar in the hot water before adding the port.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 orange
- Sugar, to your taste
- Orange wedges, cinnamon sticks and star anise, to garnish
- Start by squeezing the juice of one orange into a glass through a sieve.
- Pour the red wine and all the ingredients, excluding the garnish, into a large pot. Add sugar the sugar and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide between glasses and garnish each with an orange wedge, cinnamon stick and star anise.
- 40ml marzipan-infused vodka
- 20ml Mozart white chocolate liqueur
- 20ml crème de cacaco
- 30ml cream
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Coconut flakes, tablespoon vanilla custard, cranberries to garnish
- Dip the rim of a Niki Nora glass into the custard and then coconut flakes to garnish.
- Place the infused vodka, chocolate liqueur, crème de cacao, cream and sugar into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake hard, strain into the glass and garnish with cranberries on top.