This recipe from Kevin Dundon is a great way to use up your Christmas leftovers
"A quick and easy family favourite that’s sure to please." - Kevin Dundon
Yield: Serves 4
- 300g macaroni pasta
- 1 onion
- 150g leftover Christmas ham, cubed
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 300ml milk
- 200ml cream
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 125g mature white cheddar, grated
- 125g mature red cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Pour the macaroni into a large pan of salted boiling water and cook as per pack instructions.
- Next finely dice the onion. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Stir, then add the ham and season with pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, ensuring there are no lumps. Keep stirring and add the milk a little at a time, then stir in the cream and mustard.
- Add the grated cheese to the pan, let simmer for a few minutes and season if required.
- Strain the macaroni and return to the pan, then pour over the cheese mixture. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and add a sprinkling more cheese then place in a preheated oven.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden, then serve.