For the dough
- 500g self-raising flour
- A pinch of sea salt
- Up to 280ml water
For the pizza topping
- 60g chorizo, sliced
- ½ a red onion, sliced thinly
- 40g kale leaves, washed
- 80ml Avoca Best Ever Pizza sauce
- ½ ball buffalo mozzarella
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- A pinch of dried oregano
- 10ml olive oilº
- Pre heat oven to 220ºC.
- Put the flour in a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and gradually add water until a dough forms into a ball, ensuring it is not too sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and keep kneading until the dough becomes elastic and smooth (about 5 minutes). Cut in half and set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, sauté the chorizo and red onion in some olive oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Tip out onto a plate and set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat.
- Take ½ of the dough and carefully press into the hot pan. Press the dough out to the edges with your fingertips.
- Spoon the pizza sauce all over the pizza base, then top with the kale, chorizo, red onion, buffalo mozzarella, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the base becomes crispy and golden.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the edges start browning, puffing up and sizzling.
- Take out of the oven and slide the pizza onto a cutting board.
- Serve with a crisp green salad
Recipe from Avoca