- 4 sweetcorn (fresh, with the husk)
- 50g of sugar
- 2 litres of water
- 10g salt
For the pistachio nut and seed mix:
- 50g pistachio nuts
- 20g sesame seeds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 20g hazelnuts
For the roast garlic aioli:
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 20ml olive oil
- 50g Dijon mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the husk from the corn.
- Put the sugar, water and salt together in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Place the corn in the boiling pot and cook for 20 minutes. Once cooked remove from the pot and allow to cool.
- For the nut and seed mix, lightly chop the pistachio nuts, hazelnuts and large seeds.
- In a pan on medium heat, mix all the seeds together and toast until lightly coloured. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To prepare the aioli, remove the centre stalk of the garlic bulbs and place on a tray.
- Pour the olive oil into the centre of the garlic bulbs and place into the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled remove the skin from the garlic and separate the individual cloves.
- Place the roasted garlic, mustard, egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender and blend together. On a low speed, slowly pour in the rapeseed oil in a light stream until all of it combines into a mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Chargrill the sweetcorn until lightly browned. Once heated through, remove from the grill and roll in a layer of aioli, ensuring a generous covering all over. Roll the corn in the toasted seed mix and serve.