Kinara Kitchen shares their lamb chop recipe, and it is simply delicious!
"Gigot lamb chops are where it’s at – you can slow braise them until they release all of those flavours hidden nestled in the bones. They’re very keenly priced and they cook out over longer periods way better than rack or cutlet chops." – Kinara Kitchen
- 8 big gigot chops
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chilli, finely chopped
- 100g/4oz yoghurt
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into eighths, nice and chunky
- 4 fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 50g/2oz fresh coriander
- Marinade the lamb chops in the spices, garlic, ginger, chilli and yoghurt for at least an hour (using the Ziploc bag approach from the chicken dish).
- In a large hot pan, sear the chops and onions in a glug of oil until well coloured on both sides. Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and gently simmer the chops for 25 minutes. A gentle simmer is when you know it’s heating but there is very little movement. You certainly don’t want any boiling or energetic bubbling – just a bubble or two a minute is breaking down those chops without toughening them up.
- Leave to rest in the sauce for a further ten minutes to soak up all of the juices and go completely tender.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves left whole.
Tip: Even the coriander stalks are good left intact for this one.