For you or the kids! These quick and easy wraps are the perfect lunchtime fare
Yield: Serves: 4
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon green chilli, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 300g paneer, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves,chopped
- 4 large chapatis
- 100g roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- Tomato chutney
1 Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the cumin seeds and fry until they begin to crackle. Next, add the sliced ginger, green chilli and red onion. Continue to fry gently until the onion is soft and translucent.
2 Toss in the chilli powder, turmeric, coriander and salt and cook for another two to three minutes.
3 Add the paneer and toss to mix with the spiced vegetables. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
4 To assemble, lay the breads on a clean surface, spoon the filling into the centre and add some roasted red pepper. Roll up to enclose the filling. The wraps can be served warm or cold with a side of tomato chutney.
Tip: This dish would be ideal for kid’s lunch boxes
Photography Credit: Harry Weir